To be considered for our grant funding your organisation needs to be:
- An incorporated society or an incorporated charitable trust (check your registration at Societies & Trusts)
- A company with charitable purposes that is registered with Charities Services
- Non profit organisation established under the Local Government Act 2002, Maori Trust Boards Act 1955 or Education Act 1989
- Operating in our area - Southland, Queenstown, Glenorchy, Arrowtown, Tapanui and Heriot areas.
What if you aren’t a legal entity?
You can apply for up to $2,000 and you will need to have a set of rules, minutes of meetings and have a bank account in your group’s name. Otherwise you will need to work with a Funding Partner to apply – contact us to talk about your options.
To be considered for our scholarship funding you need to be:
- At least 15 years old
- A New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident
- Currently living in our area (including Southland, Queenstown, Glenorchy, Arrowtown, Tapanui and Heriot areas) and have done so for three years or more
In addition, there are some specific requirements relating to each scholarship type.